WHAT YOU COULD AIM TO ACHIEVE IN 2023
- Think of a hobby or a passion you abandoned for too long. Make time to experience it again, even if you are a little rusty at first. It may be surprisingly gratifying.
- Learn something new, you always were interested in. There is usually no age limit or phase to acquire most skills, so long as willingness is there.
- Park your car and go on foot more often. Breathe fresh air, look around you, discover the hidden streets of the city you live in, and some of its hidden gems. It’s amazing how many benefits you can get.
- Help someone complete a survey. Teach a subject you are familiar with, and encourage those who are studying for their exams. It takes one person to make a difference, and that person might be you.
- Be curious in certain circumstances. You will not regret challenging your assumptions.
- Act on your goals’ list by actually acting on it. Not just planning, prioritizing, and frequently reading the list. Create the start time, and be fully present on that date.
- Revisit your last year’s unachieved goals. Decide what you would like to keep, and add these to point number 6.
- Find out what’s happening in your community, get involved in its projects, or join available initiatives.
- Be unstoppable in your quest for self-development. Seek feedback related to your growth. Take accountability for your actions (and inaction). Look how far you have come, and keep going forward.
- Dare to be different. Embrace challenges that call for novel solutions. You don’t always have to do things in the same way you (or others) have been doing it.
© Muriel Matta 2023
Muriel Matta (BSc, MSc, MPhil, Cert CTT Practitioner) is an HR Advisor, Coach, Trainer and Facilitator.
She is a multilingual Human Resources Management expert, with extensive cross-cultural experience.