- Solution: Coaching
WHAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM BEING DISCIPLINED
Discipline is not an unexpected occurrence. You choose to be disciplined for a number of reasons. This long-term behavior can give rise to an effortless habit down the road.
And yes, it takes patience.
This is what happens when you are disciplined:
- Discipline entails unlearning and relearning a set of behaviors, and some of these will be very challenging.
- You will discover new paths, develop new skills, and enjoy experiencing your new version.
- You realize you have time for what matters most to you. You can manage your priorities and achieve consistent progress on your journey.
- You become curious of every comfort zone and start questioning some of your habits.
- When you see how far you have come, you try not to go back. You do what you can to preserve your milestones.
And here is what you can learn from the experience:
- Your limits are set in your mind, at first. Once you change your mindset, you start pushing those limits, one by one.
- You formulate your own program. When you are working towards a major objective, you plan your time accordingly.
- Persistence knows no bounds. What was once something you feared or dreaded, something you thought unthinkable, out of your reach, is now reality, and you managed to accomplish it.
- Every single day counts, and you will realize this a few months down the road.
- You can do, and be, so much more than you can ever think. And everyone around you has potential, they may not be aware of.
© Muriel Matta 2023
Muriel Matta (BSc, MSc, MPhil, Cert CTT Practitioner) is an HR Advisor, Coach, Trainer and Facilitator.
She is a multilingual Human Resources Management expert, with extensive cross-cultural experience.