MY LAST REFLECTIONS FOR 2022
I sat down to reflect on this year before I bid it goodbye. Here is what I came up with.
- When a year ends, the only thing you take forward with you is your new version. And this version determines how you will deal with the coming year’s challenges.
- Time will never be recovered, nor days or months, which are gone forever. Only the outcome remains - how you spent your time, and what it brought to your life.
- Taking a break every now and then, and timing, is important. Sometimes thirty minutes will add as much value as a day off.
- The lesson is waiting for you at every corner. Whether you spot it or not, is really up to you.
- Unwrapped gifts are the most precious. They come in the form of quiet time, deep conversations, and random situations.
- Being in nature is grounding. You learn so much just by watching and respecting your surroundings.
- Gratitude. Effort. Failure. Doubt. Growth. Embrace it all while you constantly move from one to another.
- Sometimes people are in your life for years, and you don’t learn anything together. Other times, a total stranger will show up, and teach you something you will never forget.
- There is power in using your creativity. You will realize that doing things differently, in many areas of your life, can resolve a lot of your challenges.
- Be patient with yourself. Take your time to feel, to reflect, to question, and to decide. Then start again.
© Muriel Matta 2022
Muriel Matta (BSc, MSc, MPhil, Cert CTT Practitioner) is an HR Advisor, Coach, Trainer and Facilitator.
She is a multilingual Human Resources Management expert, with extensive cross-cultural experience.